Having a toothache is one of the worst nightmares that one can have. A toothache alone is enough to give you sleepless nights and can disturb your mental peace. It makes it impossible for a person to follow a daily routine and hence is very important to take care of your dental hygiene. Not only that, visit to the dentists are equally painful. Since childhood, we are taught to take care of our dental health. The first thing that we do when we get up in the morning is brushing our teeth. Dental camps are held in all schools and organizations, still, toothache remains one of those topics on which people need more knowledge.
On the 9th of February, the world celebrates ‘toothache day’ to educate and aware people about the good dental practices. This day aims at teaching people how to take care of our teeth properly and making toothaches go away. It also aims at teaching people that once you have fought a toothache make sure it does not come back and turn into something serious.
5 Things For Better Dental Health:
- Proper Brushing: The best way to take care of your teeth is to brush them properly and regularly. It is also important to learn about the right ways of brushing like how to use a brush, at what angles to brush different teeth etc. We must try to brush twice daily to ensure good oral hygiene.
- Flossing: In India, the practice of flossing is very rare but it one of the best ways to keep your teeth neat and bacteria free. Flossing can help you remove food particles stuck in between the teeth. Through flossing, you can reach deep levels where your brush cannot go. Flossing once a day and that too before going to bed is a good habit.
- Avoiding sugary foods and drinks: Having such foods in large quantities can lead to tooth decay and gum diseases. Beverages contain such substances that make you white teeth look dull and yellowish. Sugary drinks and foods can also lead to cavities. So avoiding them is a good habit that helps you achieve good dental health.
- Avoiding tobacco and alcohol: Who does not know that bad effects of tobacco and alcohol on our overall health. They pose a serious threat to your oral health as well. Avoiding tobacco can save you from oral cancer.
- Regular visits to the dentist: Don’t just run to the dentist only when you have an emergency rather make it a habit to visit the dentist regularly. This can save you from a lot of trouble and problems.
Cleaning the tongue: Our tongue forms one of an integral part of our oral health. We often forget to clean it. Make it a habit to clean the tongue also with teeth to achieve good oral health.
We all love to have a good smile and better dental health will certainly ensure it. So this ‘toothache day’ make a promise to your teeth that you will not forget them.