One major contributor to the enhanced weight is Overeating. No matter what your excuse – winter is for eating, or I eat when I am stressed( which is true by the way), or even if you are ab-using the ‘eat small meals every 4-6 hours’ diet technique, or simply you are a food lover, we are all victims of overeating at some point in our life. Hence it poses a challenge, so let’s see what we can do to curb this urge of eating even when we are full.
- First step is to realize that you do Overeat. Most times, it’s so mindless we don’t realize that we have fallen prey to this folly. Only after realization comes the remedy.
- So when you feel stuffed, or the urge to lie down, that’s your body cuing you, way too much!
- If you start taking short breaks between clearings out the dish, that’s your stomach saying I have had enough.
- Also, food tastes great and hence we try more culinary skills. But when the deliciousness of your meal is replaced by just gulping it down it can indicate overeating.
- Remember the best thing is eat when your body gives you the signal to eat.
Now let’s discuss the Battle tactics to win over and get back in shape. There are a few standard techniques we can apply:
- Water– it’s one of the nature’s best gift to us, it works miracles for everything. Sometimes, you eat when you are actually thirsty, so if in doubt go for the double shot of neat water. Additionally, you can have water 30 minutes before meals that gives you the full feeling, hence you eat slow and give your brain time to process, how much you actually need to eat.
- Obviously, if you are hungry, you eat, so the longer you go without nourishment, the more you end up consuming, ever more than the body’s prescribed food statutes. So no starving, and go for the diet plan sensibly.
- Rather than always eating the fancy cuisines, opt more fiber rich healthy fruits and vegetables options. The more fiber you eat, lesser the amount of calories and more the satisfied feeling.
- Breakfast goes a long way when you talk about overeating. Skipping this meal will make overdoing it the agenda on all other meals. When you have proper breakfast, you feel energetic throughout the day and consume only what’s needed.
- Be happy, because when we stress too much for any reason, it automatically leads to food cravings. So manage your stress, I know it’s difficult but so is removing obesity.
There are many other things you may try, but the basics Sleep well, eat right and exercise well, your body takes care of most everything, including the desire to hog. So honour your body and it will honour you right back.