Quinoa is basically a seed, though most folks call quinoa a grain. It is considered as the most popular health food in the world. It is a gluten-free high protein plant food that includes nine essential amino acids. This high protein plant food is also high in fibre, B-Vitamins, iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus different beneficial anti oxidants, and Vitamin E.
There are different types of quinoa available in the market. Quinoa can be white, black and red.
- White quinoa or quinoa :The most common type available in almost every store.
- Red quinoa: The shape of red quinoa is better than white quinoa. They can be used in cold salad or any other recipe where distinct grain is required
- Black quinoa: They are a little earthier and sweeter than quinoa. When the black quinoa is cooked, they become striking black
- Quinoa flakes: Quinoa flakes can be made by steam rolling the whole grain kernel. Since quinoa grain is a quick cooking grain, they can be used for making instant breakfast
Benefits of quinoa:
Since quinoa contains a large number of nutrition contents, it benefits our body in multiple ways.
- Extremely nutritious: Quinoa is considered as the most protein rich food we can eat. They have all the nine essential amino acids that we require to stay healthy
- Rich in fibre: It has been seen that the fibre in quinoa is twice as much as most other grains, relieves constipation. It also helps in preventing heart disease by controlling blood pressure and diabetes. Fibre reduces cholesterol and glucose levels. In fact, they may help you to lose your weight
- Quinoa contains iron: We all know that iron is the basis of hemoglobin formation and it keeps our red blood cells healthy. It carries oxygen from one cell to another and also aids the contraction of our muscles by supplying oxygen to them. Apart from these, iron helps in synthesizing neurotransmitter and regulating the body temperature. Thus eating quinoa at least once in a day can help you to stay strong and increase your brain functions
- Quinoa helps in tissue growth: Quinoa contains lysine that is extremely important for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa has a high content of manganese and is high in Riboflavin (B2), which influence our health and help us to stay healthy. This is the reason quinoa is considered as the most popular health food in the world
Day by day, the popularity of quinoa is increasing since people, nowadays, are getting more health conscious than before. So, does your breakfast contain quinoa? If not, don’t forget to include them. Eat healthy and stay healthy!