Life is a series of events, incidents that happen to us and how we react and act on them. Through the high’s and low of life, there is one supremely important constant – You! You are going to be there for all of it, regardless of anyone or anything else. Ergo, taking care of yourself the vessel that carries all this brilliance (body) is more vital than vital can explain. In matters of health, prevention is definitely better than cure. Similar to life throwing test at you, you can take a few health tests yourself to be better prepared and adept at handling life.
- BMI: Body Mass Index is your height and weight proportion which when incorrect can hint towards a lot of medical problems, like obesity, the risk of diabetes, anorexia, and others.
- Blood Test: blood sings its own story and an effective one, which is why it is amongst the most commonly suggested test when consulting any doctor. There are bound to be some changes to your blood when there is an infection, inflammation, even auto-immune diseases. So, CBC (Complete Blood Count), ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) and CRP (C-Reactive Protein)
- Diabetes: Do you know that India is quickly turning out to be with higher and higher diabetic people, so in order to ascertain how you are doing, how well controlled your diabetes is, you need HbA1c test, and Fasting Blood Sugar test goes without saying.
- Bones: In life, if you want to stand tall, your bones will play a crucial role. For bone health Calcium and Vitamin D test. For older adults Bone Density test as well.
- Vitamin B12: Of course, all nutrients in the body are crucial, but this one here aids brain functioning and nerves as well among many other roles it plays. This deficiency is an indicator of blurry days.
- Heart: These days hearts are more or less troubled, and that’s one organ you don’t want to mess up with. Lipid Profile (cholesterol level) and ECG can help you ascertain how it’s doing in there and if you ought to be paying more attention to it.
- LFT: Liver Function Tests is a series of tests which are done to find out the condition of our liver. PT/INR, Bilirubin, SGOT and SGPT to name the important ones.
- KFT: Kidney Function Test, you can’t forget about the waste removing organ of our body if you want a healthy body. Creatinine, Urine test helps.
- Stool Test: This is usually done to find out the gut condition. A lot can be analyzed about the digestive tract and system via this test.
Apart from this when you go for a comprehensive health check-up, it will check for Thyroid levels Iron and other nutrients also. For females, we suggest a PAP Smear once every two years on a minimum.
In the end, it’s in our hands how we handle our body and our life. I wish you well.