Do you ever indulge in vanity? Well, it’s not a trait that is looked upon, in fact, the majority pretends they are far above such measly concerns. But the truth is if we look around we have multi-billion dollar businesses running on promoting vanity. Beauty concepts, fairer skin or these days term flawless skin, zero size figure, all come under the scope of vanity. Now, to be honest, sometimes we all dip our fingers into this jar of cookies, and occasionally it is fine to care about our external appearance. So yes I sometimes idle my time taking a dip in vanity, and my personal peeve is good skin.
As you can imagine, I have spent some time (not all that much, after all, modesty is a thing too J ) in finding how some people are naturally blessed with amazing glowing skin. Obviously there are a lot of things involved, but today I am sharing with you a common secret, Steam, and Sauna. These services which are now ideally offered at a lot of places have some real benefits listed below. But just a quick note, the sauna room is dry heat and steam room is full of steam. In both cases, you’ll be raising your temperature and sweating it out.
- Since I started off with skin, let me tell you how it benefits the skin. The obvious is when you sweat a lot, it opens up your pores, removes toxins, and that is pro good skin. It also improves the blood circulation in the body which is how you get the healthy glowing skin.
- Relaxing: this is on two fronts, you may have noticed that many health fitness centers have steam/sauna rooms. It’s because, after a strenuous session, it will relax the muscles, and makes for faster recovery. The second side is some studies suggest that this can help reduce your stress, by increasing endorphins and reducing cortisol levels. So overall relaxation and you leave happy.
- Effective against respiratory conditions: we have all tried taking steam to clear out the congestion at home. Our faces buried covered with towels, but done improperly you may end up burning your nostrils hair, however, no such risk in regulated steam/sauna rooms. Sitting in there, taking the harem feeling or alone you can combat not just cold cough, but also opens up lungs and nasal path. So easy breathing.
- It is also believed that these sessions can awaken your leukocytes (fighting cells), which in simple terms means boosted immunity and better health.
- Lastly, it helps you maintain your weight, the more you sweat the more you lose. Also, the heightened heart rate adds to the water weight loss as well, which happens in steam sessions.
Now they are both good, saunas being way more hotter than steam rooms and far less humidity, you can indulge in both. Only make sure to limit your time and not over do them, and to observe hygiene while doing so.
Even though I talked about vanity, these sessions aren’t on the luxury end and nor star on the vanity list but modest ways to take care of yourself.